Graduated with a BA in graphics and advertising design from Bowling Green State University. The minor was print production.
– Over 15+ years of production and design expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite producing brochures, magazines, banners and posters
– Close professional contact with outside vendors and production companies.
– Technical experience with Flash and Dreamweaver.
– Expertise with large print production, with banners and spandex table covers for conferences.
– Also production of small promotional pieces, for example, external design of USB drives.
I have a strong technical aptitude along with a solid track record of excellence in creating presentation products.
Austin, TX • 78745
CELL 512.656.4468 • E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org • PORTFOLIO debweb.com
OBJECTIVE An accomplished and talented graphic designer seeking a senior level position that leverages a depth of creative services expertise and a wide scope of skills in digital and print projects. A results oriented professional highly regarded in collaborative team approaches, cross functional team projects, adherence to design standards, service orientation and successful project management to on time completions.
-Adobe Creative Suite 6.0 Expertise -MAC/OSX Systems Experience
-Large Format Graphic Design -Vendor Selection/Negotiation
-Brand Development -Advanced Layout Skills
-Animation and Illustration Skills -Photographic Production/Product Photography
-Digital/Web Master -Production Leader
-Project Management -Web Page CMS Updating/Design with html
TEXAS NURSES ASSOCIATION: 8501 N. MoPac, Austin, Texas
June 2000-June 2015: GRAPHICS DESIGNER/WEB MASTER
- Creation of print promotional materials for seminars and special presentations. Design of ads for outside advertisers, logo creation and original print pieces for programs offered and seminars presented by the organization. Banners, program guides and web support promoting many ongoing events;
- Creation of large format graphics for special events;
- Design of member magazine, Texas Nursing Magazine;
- Establishing network of vendors with clear quality control mechanisms;
- Total creation of online continuing education courses for registered nurses;
- Original creative design of corporate website; later controlled via CMS: texasnurses.org.
COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION: 200 West Cesar Chavez, Austin, Texas
June 2006 – 2011: SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER; Freelance: Designing print/web material
- Creative design for original case study layout and primary designer for those same templates that later became success stories. Also designed the majority of datasheets for sales tools;
- Updated website information as needed for events and newsletters, using PHP
- Designed print promotional material for a variety of events and support/promotion of products-both for web in PDF form and facilitating the use of outside print vendors;
- Involved in creating infographics and illustrator art work for various print and PDF
online web brochures;
- Worked in a team environment with fellow designers and managers to achieve
LEE TILFORD ADVERTISING AGENCY: 5725 W. Hwy. 290, Suite 200, Austin, Texas
PRODUCTION /GRAPHIC DESIGNER: Creative design work in conjunction with the agency art director; as well as production work.
- Designed original billboards, newspaper, magazine and yellow page ads;
- Press check and delivery of ads on line was at least 40% of the position;
- Maintained system backup and general maintenance to keep entire system running smoothly.
BA Degree-Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
Course concentration: Graphic Design and Print Production
Adobe Creative Suite 5.5
Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, InDesign, Acrobat X Pro, Flash basics
Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Experience with WordPress web site creation, PHP server side inclusion and html